Head Teacher's welcome
Dear parents, carers and visitors,
Welcome to Colgate Primary school. We are pleased to share our school with you. If you don't find the information you need, please call and/or arrange a visit so you can see the school in action. We have a strong team approach to running our school and this very much involves the children. We believe that everyone can reach their best when they are happy, settled and engaged. This is what we strive for.
Across the curriculum, we regularly seek ways to capture the children's enjoyment of learning. We teach through topics and the children are actively involved in their learning. The teaching staff both support and provide challenge in lessons which is evidenced through good outcomes and high standards of work.
We are lucky to have great facilities at Colgate Primary School including a well-resourced library, an IT Suite, large playing fields, interactive whiteboards in each learning space, a quiet sensory garden, a pond, a variety of IT equipment including iPads and further sports and play resources.
We are also fortunate to be one of a few schools in the county that have their own kitchen enabling us to cook fresh food on site at lunch times. The menus change from week to week and offer a balance of nutritious and healthy meals. School lunches are very popular, delicious and competitively priced.
As a team, we are working towards our five School Development Priorities. These are:
- Learning and therefore progress is maximised for all groups of learners
- Our language of learning promotes confident and independent learners across the school community
- The curriculum is driven by hooks for learning and embraces the school environment.
- Leadership, at all levels through the school, promotes the best outcomes for children.
- To work together as a school community to achieve the best outcomes; levels of communication, expectations and trust are high between all members of the school.
This term, we are also launching our new Vision statement of ‘Working together to be our best’. This is underpinned by the existing six school values of Independence, Respect, Communication, Happiness, Responsibility and Creativity.
Thank you for visiting our website. For any further enquiries, please contact the school office.
Mrs Rebecca Winn