At Colgate we have many opportunities for our children to share their thoughts and feelings about our school to ensure that it is the very best it can be. As part of our leadership value we have recruited Colgate Ambassadors for each class. All of our children are encouraged to apply for the role and suitable candidates are interviewed. Each term new ambassadors are appointed so that there are many opportunities for our children to experience leadership in this way.
Their roles and responsibilities include:
- demonstrating our school values of leadership, caring, inclusion and communication.
- feeding back to staff about what is working well at our school, what may need to be changed and suggest improvements for the future.
- sitting with other classes or supporting children 1:1 during assembly time to check that everyone is being respectful.
- being with younger children at lunch to ensure it is a positive experience.
- checking at the end of lunch that everyone is lined up and ready for learning.
- showing visitors around.
- reminding others to walk, not run and to move around the school calmly.
- supporting children to be caring and kind with their words and their feet.
- nominating children for praise assembly that have demonstrated the Colgate way.
- being involved in selecting the next group of ambassadors.